We have reached our capacity at the track so no new registrations for indoor training can be accepted.
Your next chance to register will be during the Active Living Market at the Pine Center Mall March 2nd and 3rd.
Winter Training at the UNBC Sport Center.
Once again we will be up at the sport center to do some winter conditioning. As in the past we will have two groups. A middle distance group and a sprint/hurdle group.
Given the heavy use and lack of space up at the track we must limit the number of participants to 20, aged 12 and up.
- Start date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013.
- End date: April 7, 2013.
- Times: Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sundays 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- This session is now full.
Track Use Policy – please communicate the following to your coaches and participants. Also note, no siblings, parents or spectators will be permitted on the track during your sessions. All participants can use the 3rd changeroom on the lower level to change and store their items.
- (i) Track Users have the use of one lane and two straight away lanes, as well as the use of stretching areas up on the third level.
- (ii) Indoor shoes and appropriate fitness clothing only permitted on the track.
- (iii) All drinks must be in a sealed container.
- (iv) Food or gum is not permitted on the track.
- (v) Children under the age of 13 who are not participating in the organized program are not permitted on the track.
- (vi) Students and/or participants must be supervised at all times and in direct visual contact.
(vii) Students, equipment use must be closely supervised by instructors and qualified persons. (viii) Track counterclockwise Monday to Wednesday; clockwise Thursday to Sunday.
(ix) Inside lane is for walkers; Middle lane is for joggers; Outside lane is for runners
(x) Single file only when jogging or running on the track.