Indoor Track Training
Our Indoor training program runs 2 days per week from January to March at the Northern Sports Centre and is open to senior athletes 13 and older (up to 2009) who are seeking to improve their speed, power and overall fitness level. Space is limited. ATHLETES 21 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGER DO NOT REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION TO PARTICIPATE.
Can’t make indoor training times? Is the training group full? Don’t worry!
Engage Sport North offers a conditioning program during the same pre-season time period. Check out VIGOUR Athlete Development.
Thursday January 13, 2022 to Thursday March 10, 2022 (cancelled Sunday February 20th)
Thursdays & Sundays: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Cost for the indoor session will be just $175 plus the cost of the BC Athletics memberships. (Depends on age and competitive vs. non-competitive) Note: athletes only pay the BC Athletics membership once per year.
Northern Sports Centre Track Use Policy
- Doors Unlock at 5:45 pm and lock at 6:10pm for admittance into the NSC lobby: do not arrive too early or too late!
- All participants must wear a mask when not engage in physical activity.
- Adult participants, coaches and volunteers require vaccine passports, to be monitored by PGTF (age 22 and older).
- Youth participants do not require a vaccine passport.
- No siblings, parents or spectators permitted on the track during sessions.
- Club has use of one lane, two sprint lanes and use of stretching areas on third level.
- Indoor shoes and appropriate fitness clothing only permitted on the track.
- All drinks must be in a sealed container.
- Food or gum is not permitted on the track.
- Inside lane is for walkers; Middle lane is for joggers; Outside lane is for runners.
- Single file only when jogging or running on the track.
- All machines and equipment must be cleaned after each use with the provided cloths and spray.
- To mitigate any possible ‘collisions’, no stopping on track to observe activities below.
Registration will be done online on the “TrackieReg” site. Follow the steps below to register.