2021 season is in the planning stages – check out the latest news from CKPG!
TRACK IS BACK!
PGTF is in the planning stages for the 2021 season. Even with current restrictions, we are hoping to hold somewhat regular programming. Season is scheduled to start Tuesday April 6th for seniors, Monday April 12th for juniors and Wednesday April 14th for track rascals. BUT, please remember that activities cannot start until the city opens the stadium, which is weather dependent.
- Fees: our rental fees for the stadium have greatly increased so there will be a small increase in registration fees to help cover the rising costs.
- Sessions: we are offering a Spring Outdoor Training session (April-June) and a Summer Outdoor Training session (July-Sept); Schedules will be posted on our page once confirmed.
- Junior coaches: any young person interested in being a junior coach needs to contact Coach Lauren Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org); refresher training will happen the first training Saturday of April, after senior practice, at noon at the stadium.
- Track rascal volunteers: this program needs young helpers (age 12 and up) to show the rascals the ropes! Volunteering here makes you eligible for paid coaching at 14 when training is complete; contact Coach Avery Sieben (email@example.com) if you are interested.
- Adult Volunteers: parents are always needed to help at the track, especially at meets. We are scheduled to host the provincial championship Jamboree in July. For now, parents will be needed for athlete sign in and equipment sanitizing. Volunteer info is on our page. Experienced coaches welcome! Looking for jumps coaching help. No spectators currently.
- Board of Directors: we are looking for someone to handle the responsibilities of the secretary on an interim basis; contact Elena (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help.
- Registration: an email with a link to registration will go out to previous PGTF members before it is open to the public; keep your eyes open!
Prince George Track and Field Club