NEWSLETTER #8, September 1, 2021
The following is information for all members:
- Tuesday Sept 28 is AWARDS NIGHT at the stadium! Athletes and family are invited to join us in the grandstands for a quick recognition ceremony during our regular practice time. Please keep to your bubbles in the stands.
- Summer session will end officially Thursday Sept 23rd as Sept 30th is our newest national holiday and Sept 28th is awards.
- Winter training has been requested at the Northern Sports Centre beginning in January 2022. The club has not received confirmation on that booking so please check the website regularly for updates. Registration should open Dec 1, 2021.
- BC Summer Games 2022 will be here soon. We are holding our first meeting to form the athletics committee on Wednesday Sept 22 at 7pm, College of New Caledonia room 3- 203. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join Elena Thomas and Corine Masich in organizing the track and field portion of this amazing sporting event. No experience necessary, just a willingness to work! Please wear a mask.
- One of the easiest and most fun ways to support our club is to become an official. Officiating level 1 and 2 can be done online! Sign up here, complete the online modules then you can volunteer at the meets in the Spring of 2022 for experience. You’ll be all set to help out for the 2022 BC Games!
Prince George Track and Field Club