Isn’t the weather FABULOUS??!!
Here are a few items to note:
1. Unfortunately, there will be no parking at the AIMHI lot on Saturdays anymore. They have a weekly bike sale and there will not be room. You are free to park in the Lac des Bois school lot as long as they don’t have an event. The street is always available and might be most convenient. Sorry about that! Thank you all for dealing politely and maturely with the last minute inconvenience this past Saturday J
2. Water Bottles are essential at the track – two on a hot day is a good idea. Yes, we do have a water carboy at the track c-can but with 160 kids going through on Saturdays it doesn’t go far!
3. Dylan Armstrong Classic – if you are heading to Kamloops this coming weekend please pack accordingly – take all types of weather gear – you just never know! SINGLETS ARE A MUST FOR COMPETITORS. If you don’t have one, please see some one at the track c-can – $25 each if you didn’t pay online.
4. Jack Brow Memorial – Kelowna June 29th – July 1st. It is the long weekend so book your hotel now if you are attending. I have attached the notes about a hotel holding by the Okanagan Athletics Club. Do what works for your family but do it soon! Remember to check the tentative schedule before you register for events!! http://okac.ca/jack-brow-2017/
5. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Becky Whitehouse from Quesnel is coordinating the high school zones May 15th and 16th. IF you are heading down to watch your athlete please consider volunteering at the meet. No experience necessary to hold a tape measure or rake sand. If Becky gets enough interest, an officials course may be offered before the meet starts. Please contact Elena (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP if you are a certified official or an interested parent volunteer for that event. Thanks so much!! Many hands make light work!